Daily DHHS Update For August 3
Coronavirus update for Victoria
File size must be less than 500kb
File types (jpg, png, gif)
Coronavirus update for Victoria
Victoria has recorded 429 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 11,937.
The overall total has increased by 380, due to 49 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 36 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 393 are under investigation.
There have been 13 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include a man in his 60s, two males and a female in their 70s, two males in their 80s and five females and two males in their 90s.
Eight of the 13 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 136 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
• 2031 cases may indicate community transmission
• 6489 cases are currently active in Victoria
• 416 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 35 in intensive care
• 5111 people have recovered from the virus
• More than 1,676,953 tests have been processed – an increase of 25,000 since yesterday
Of the total cases:
• 10,976 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 703 are from regional Victoria
• Total cases include 5877 men and 5962 women
• Total number of healthcare workers: 1195, active cases: 706
• There are 1089 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
• 310 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
• 67 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
• 139 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner
• 130 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
• 106 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
• 101 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
• 88 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
• 65 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in
• 63 cases have been linked to Menarock Life Aged Care in Essendon
• 61 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care Facility in Plenty
• 58 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care facility in Dandenong North
• 55 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge in Werribee
Cases have also been identified at Lilydale Lodge Aged Care Facility, Estia Health Aged Care Facility in Glen Waverley and BlueCross The Boulevard in Mill Park.
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
• 185 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
• 148 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
• 129 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
• 86 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
• 77 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
• 71 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
• 36 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre Mulgrave
• 20 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
• 21 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
• 31 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
• 30 cases have been linked to St Vincent’s Hospital
The department is also looking into cases linked to the QANTAS Freight, the Northern Hospital Intensive Care Unit, Melbourne United (Basketball Club), Bestway Dandenong, Jayco Dandenong and Martin and Pleasance in Port Melbourne. More information will be provided in coming days as investigations continue.
As investigations are undertaken throughout the day, these outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreaks totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
Media enquiries: Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit (03) 9096 8860 or email@example.com
Cases by Local Government Area
Please find the latest COVID-19 notifications by local government areas below Note: • Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
• This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
• Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
• The last column shows the number of current active cases in an LGA. Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department and who has not yet recovered.
Confirmed cases by LGA 3/8/2020
Confirmed cases (ever)
Active cases (current)
WYNDHAM 1246 744
BRIMBANK 1164 749
HUME 1035 488
WHITTLESEA 697 452
MELBOURNE 684 300
MORELAND 664 369
MELTON 603 399
MOONEE VALLEY 574 229
CASEY 516 297
BANYULE 357 136
MARIBYRNONG 333 191
YARRA 327 178
DAREBIN 314 165
GREATER DANDENONG 247 183
HOBSONS BAY 200 102
STONNINGTON 191 53
GREATER GEELONG 189 106
BOROONDARA 188 69
MONASH 173 84
YARRA RANGES 172 132
PORT PHILLIP 144 53
GLEN EIRA 135 62
WHITEHORSE 133 65
KINGSTON 128 67
MANNINGHAM 122 52
FRANKSTON 107 50
COLAC OTWAY 97 89
NILLUMBIK 97 60
INTERSTATE 92 13
MORNINGTON PENINSULA 90 18
CARDINIA 89 47
BAYSIDE 88 46
KNOX 86 46
MAROONDAH 72 47
MITCHELL 54 26
MACEDON RANGES 39 28
GREATER BENDIGO 37 26
BALLARAT 29 11
LATROBE 19 9
MOORABOOL 19 15
GREATER SHEPPARTON 18 1
GLENELG 16 13
GOLDEN PLAINS 16 10
SURF COAST 14 4
CORANGAMITE 1 0
UNKNOWN 161 157
TOTAL 11,937 6489